Saturday, August 2, 2008

Are you serious?

When I decided to start blogging I thought I could share my lofty ideals, pass on wisdom cleverly disguised as common sense, perhaps vent about pet peeves. It has taken me several days to post anything. Well I was looking in the mirror the other night ready to begin my daily ritual of plucking my face and I realized that I take things to seriously these days. There I was hoping that there is some method developed to permanently remove facial hair before I end up in a long term care facility and have some cute nursing assistant(who will never deal with excess facial) hair start shaving me.
I looked at my eye brows and realized that because my vision is not as good as it once was I have almost plucked them clean. So busy were we raising our kids and helping others raise theirs that we did not plan well for our retirement, so no I can't get professional assistance for this problem. While I worry about higher gas prices, higher food prices, property & school taxes that are outrageously high, and whether medicare is going to cost us more than our current health care, I've decided that there are things that are beyond our control and worrying won't change them. The government for the most part has its own agenda which really has little to do with what the people need or want, the media believes their duty is to divulge every secret they can scrape up and to explain to us what we are hearing and seeing because apparently we are unable to decipher or discern the b.s that is being bestowed upon us.
So for today I'll not take myself or my circumstance so seriously that I fail to enjoy the little things that really make up life. Minutes with my kids, the joy of being a grandma, weeds in my garden, my willful dogs, my eccentric husband, not smoking, and facial hair. Welcome to my blog hope we can have some fun and some interesting but not too lofty discussion. Go enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Bragger said...

I am totally with you on not taking myself too seriously. I embarrass my daughter to death, but I believe one of the most important skills a person can have is the ability to laugh at himself/herself. I'm also a new blogger and a novice motorcyclist.