Sunday, August 10, 2008

SUNDAY; New Beginnings



Well it is finally Sunday the beginning of a new week! after allowing myself to be fully engulfed in the world of the 24 hour news media, I've decided to come up for air! I know it will take more than a few deep breaths to cleanse my brain and my soul.

As do most of us, I try to keep up with what is going on in the world, but after this past week I somehow feel that there is no reason to want to know. Caylee Anthony, John Edwards, Russia invading Georgia, murder in Beijing, Obama, McCain, oil prices dropping (why are we still paying $4.19 a gallon), unemployment is rising, more airline 'extra charges', and all the things I either didn't hear about or can't remember. Depressing? Yes!!!!
So, for the next week I will only browse the headlines. I will try to find something meaningful to do. I will work in my garden, bake a pie, and some scones, visit my grandchildren, take my dogs for a long over due walk. I will try to be an inspiration to someone.

This week I will try to revive my passion for helping others. I will try to get back to work. Hopefully, as ambitious as my goals seem, these will lift me up and cleanse my soul of all the sadness, pain, anger, and negativity that fill our lives daily. "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS".

Thanks for listening, and if anyone out there feels the same or needs a boost let me know I'll be glad to listen and encourage. Life is to short to take things too seriously, especially those things we have little or no control over.

And yes, I still feel small when I stand beside the ocean.

1 comment:

Bragger said...

This week starts a new school year for me, and I always start with such good intentions for a fresh start, new habits, etc. :) Although I hate to see "summer" (it'll be 95 degrees here for another month or so) come to an end, I think I need the structure and routine of school to keep me out of trouble.