Monday, September 29, 2008

OH! I do have an opinion about that

Well that was fun! I started writing and I was interrupted my a health check. So, I'm starting over.

I have been offline for a while trying to find my niche I guess. I have been pouring over blogs, watching the news to keep current on the latest crisis, and trying to find someone in our government and/or press that can tell the truth.

During these few weeks of searching and educating myself i have found that like many I have opinions on just about everything! Although I'm not sure we really need more opinions. I could take the easy way out and just tune into any news channel and I'm sure there will be someone who will tell me what my opinions are and save me the trouble of thinking for myself.

I was tempted to listen to an interview with John Kerry and Karl Rove in which they were going to tell us what the voters were thinking about something, the bailout or the debate. It was then that I decided that as long as they can get away with speaking for me I should really set the record straight. So here it goes.

Some times simple is better. For example wouldn't it just be simpler and less expensive if the candidates just told us the truth? I guess not because it's easier to lie and manipulate a nation that has become used to being told what to think, we are not really seeing or hearing what we're seeing or hearing, and we don't really believe what we believe.

Wouldn't it be simpler if the press just reported the facts and not their opinions? Apparently the media has come to the conclusion that we are so busy and preoccupied trying to figure out what candidate or pundit we want to have think for us that they have been required to fill in the gaps with their own opinions and agendas.

I watched the debate on Friday as I'm sure most of us did, but it wasn't complete until I listened to hours of explanation. However, in defense of those spewing their interpretations, I found I did miss something very critical. Apparently Mr. Obamah's skin was darker! They could only guess the cause, makeup or the Florida sun. WHAT!!! This is astounding to me. That I missed such an important issue. I swear I only left the room once. And to think that Bill Clinton would rather swallow glass than admit that Obamah is a great man!

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the bailout. The bill did not pass!!! Could it be that the lawmakers in the House are actually listening to their constituents? Though I did hear one reprter say that the majority of us want this beast to pass and quickly. Then why is it being repoted that calls , emails, and letters are pouring in against?

Another wondering, why are the guys who recieved the most money from these companies any where near the drafting of this legislation? No other time can I remember has the transparencies been so obvious as to the dirty dealings of the men and women, our elected officials, as it is now and they just keep on going.

Yes, an investigation has been launched, but why hasn't some stood up and said enough is enough? Is it to big a leap to think that they or their cronies my have an agenda other than the good of the nation? If these folks in charge of the finance committee are the only ones smart enough to figure out the solution why didn't they figure out a way to avoid this crisis when they took over the Senate?

Question after question with no answers, at least none that make any sense.

I think it is time for our Government officials to realize that they are, more than at any time in history unable to keep us in the dark. Even though the media for the most part spins or glosses over the truth it is still the truth and is still apparent. I guess if they can keep us running in circles with variations of the truth and telling us which truths are more important they win.

One last observation. I read this morning that our good friend Chavez thinks we need a new constitution. I hate to disagree with the fellow but maybe it would be more constructive if we started adhering to the one we have. You know the one that was meant to give the people the tools and guidelines that makes our country the greatest in the world. The constitution that was crafted to keep us free from total government control.

Remember these phrases as you ponder and worry about what might be coming next:

For the people by the people
The majority rules


A piece of advise to all you politicians and your representatives when you are asked a question please just answer the question. If you are asked a question about yourself or the person you represent don't answer it with the name of your opposition and their views it doesn't help us understand what you stand for only what you think about the other guy. My kids tried that tactic with me and it didn't work for them either.

The American people need to stop letting these adult adolescents getting away with treating us like we are not as smart as they are.

Well that is my rant for today. HAPPY BLOGGING and remember oour elected officials should be speaking on our behalf, our voice should be heard on the floors of the Houses not just a chosen few!

No comments: